Baewatch by Xavier Neal

🏖 𝓢𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓟𝓮𝓮𝓴 🏖 




Check out this sneak peek for BAEWATCH, a brand new laugh out loud comedy about trying not to drown in the trickery waters of love and life from Xavier Neal, releasing August 13th.





SNEAK PEEK


The instant I step foot onto the deck I’m greeted by a teasing grin. “Were you trying to send me romantic smoke signal messages?”


I shove my hands into the pockets of my turquoise Aztec print board shorts. “I was trying to make you a romantic dinner.”


“And opted to make me romantic charcoal instead?” Her laughter inspires my own. “Is this one of those moments where I should say it’s the thought that counts regardless of the fact I’m starving to death?”


Another cringe crosses my face.


“We’re talking so hungry I’m basically a great white shark ready to eat an entire family of sea lions.”


“That’s pretty f*cking hungry.”


“Ravenous.”


More guilt gurgles in the pit of my stomach. “I’m sorry, babe…So f*cking sorry.”


Brooklyn tugs me closer by the edge of my Truffle Shuffle tank top and unleashes another good-natured giggle. “Sunshine and seashells, Ax! I’m kidding!”


“Yeah?”


“Of course! It really was a sweet gesture that I totally appreciate from the bottom of my heart.” Her arms wind around my lower half. “Even if it literally went down in flames.”


The choice of wording has me hiding my humiliation behind chuckles.





BLURB


Budget cuts.


Beach candy.


Baby stingrays being called baby sharks resulting in momentary mass panic.


All part of the gig for lifeguard section chief, Brooklyn Headley. 


Between uncomfortably long work shifts and pineapple infused family meals, life is almost painfully predictable.


That is until Scott "Ax" Maxwell throws her a lifesaver.


Now she's slow dancing to ukulele covers, trying not to fall of surfboards, and engaging in some not so conventional activities between the sheets.


Their fun times, however, meet new waves of trouble when her younger sister unexpectedly needs a specific type of help that Ax is capable of providing. 


Can their relationship survive the uncharted, choppy waters ahead or will Brooklyn be forced back to the boring shore she knows all too well?


Add to Goodreads





About Xavier Neal


Xavier Neal lives in Texas where she spends her time getting lost in writing, reading, or fandoms she recently discovered. Whether she is enjoying books or movies, she continues finding inspiration at every turn to bring more exciting stories to life. 



Facebook | FB Group | Instagram | Twitter 


Amazon | Goodreads | BookBub


Website | Newsletter


Sneak Peek provided by Social Butterfly PR


#XavierNeal #Baewatch #Standalone #RomCom #TBR #ComingSoon #UpcomingRelease #SneakPeek #ExcerptReveal 



Comments